Due to continued growth and success in the United Kingdom and Ireland, Bender UK is looking to appoint an additional Project Engineer.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is an operational position that will be based in Ireland. The purpose of the role is to manage regional Bender projects that involve the design, supply and installation of the company’s diverse range of products.
This is a pivotal role and the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering projects on time, maintaining the expanding service base and providing commissioning and technical support. They will be expected to contribute to the ongoing growth of the business, and it would therefore suit someone who is ambitious, dynamic and forward-thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is one of our more unique roles within the business. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and delivering projects across the full spectrum of the company’s diverse portfolio
- Attending project meetings on site, agreeing timescales and supervising the project until it hands over
- Liaising with Bender approved sub-contractors to ensure they conduct installation and commissioning services to the required standard
- Service and commission Bender Healthcare products: Medical IT systems, Theatre Control and Alarm panels
- Organising and prioritise project workload
- Liaise with Bender colleagues in the UK and Germany
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and a good team player. We require someone who is reliable and professional in their approach. They will show integrity and initiative and the ability to work both on their own and as a team when necessary. They will ensure that we always deliver a superior level of service.
The role involves constant communication with our internal and external sales teams, and regular dialogue with our first and second level support at our headquarters in Germany. Constant technical communication will also be required with our supply chain.
As the business continues to grow in Ireland, we hope the Project Engineer can support sales efforts both on-site and technically. There is also future potential for the right candidate to assist in growing Bender UK presence in market sectors outside of our Healthcare division.
The role is a salaried position and a flexible approach to working hours is often required.
Occasional travel to our head office in Ulverston will be required.
- Have a HNC/HND or Degree in electrical engineering, with a good understanding of the current wiring regulations
- At least 5 years’ experience of a project/operational related role with experience in the healthcare sector or similar
- Maintain productive relationships with a wide range of senior and subordinate colleagues, suppliers, clients and other key players
- They will be highly motivated, conscientious and result focussed
- Live and work in Ireland, primarily home based
Please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com.