Bender UK is looking to appoint an additional Sales Manager/Engineer, preferably in the Midlands or the North of England, to develop sales and future applications of Bender Industrial products.
The role will be responsible for developing and growing customer relationships, with the view to securing new business. The successful candidate will be highly organised, self-motivated, commercially astute and a customer orientated person. You will have a passion for consultative, benefit selling and for working with key decision makers and purchase influencers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively seek new clients in existing and new sectors
- Drive the sales process, including identifying the opportunity, qualifying, forecasting and closing
- Prepare quotations for Bender Industrial product range
- Identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Identify and realise opportunities to sell higher level services to existing and new clients
- React to sales enquiries as required
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products/services
- Ensure sales targets are met and surpassed
- Negotiate contracts, terms and conditions
- Ensure accurate pricing to maximise returns
- Provide pre-sale and post-sale support
- Ensure good communication and cooperation with the team at Bender UK
- Participate on behalf of the company in trade exhibitions and conferences and meetings
- Provide technical advice to customers
- Participate in information gathering discussions with customers to determine their needs, business goals and desired outcomes
- Develop strong relationships with key accounts and potential accounts
- Electrical/industry background
- Experience of sales/business development is desirable
- New business development experience would be preferable but is not essential
- Ability to work autonomously is crucial, but must also work well in a wider team to achieve the organisation’s goals
- Need to be capable of multitasking with the ability to cope with deadline pressure
- Electrical products/equipment knowledge is desirable
- Proven experience in a client facing environment
- Fast learner, competitive and determination to pursue sales and succeed
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Knowledge of utilising CRM systems to track sales process
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This role is supported by technical teams both in the UK and in Germany and will work alongside existing Industrial Sales Managers and Internal Sales support. We are interested in speaking to electricians or engineers with industry and/or some sales experience who wish to develop their sales skills further. Candidates with knowledge of one or more of the following sectors: manufacturing, data centres, electric vehicles, energy, oil and gas, critical infrastructure, electrical estates could be suited to this role.
The position is intended to be home based and you will be expected to travel regularly to customers and to Bender UK headquarters in Ulverston, Cumbria. Employees benefit from excellent working conditions, laptop, pension scheme, bonus and BUPA membership after 12 months service and 25 days holiday with some flexible working arrangements. This is a full-time, permanent position. Apply to with C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.