Service / Project Engineer (Bender Ireland)

Due to continued expansion, we require a Service/Project Engineer to join our team at Bender Ireland.

In the UK and Ireland over 500 Hospitals currently have Bender technology installed - many of which are supported annually by a service agreement. Our Service/Project engineers are responsible for commissioning, service, rapid response call-out and repair of Bender Medical IT systems (IPS), Theatre Control Panels and Turnkey Theatre Packages, as well as having the skills necessary to manage projects.


Working in the healthcare sector across leading HSE & NHS Trust and Private Medical Hospitals, this is a field-based role covering the Dublin and Eastern counties of Ireland.

Qualifications required:

  • Electrician 17th Edition
  • Clean driving licence
  • Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS card)
  • CCNSG Card
  • DBS checks will be required


Bender Engineers undergo continuous work and product training in the following areas:

·        Completing job specific risk assessment and method statements

·        Medical IT Isolated Power Systems (IPS)

·        Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)

·        Auto change-over systems

·        Membrane and touch screen style surgeons control panels

·        Gateway devices

·        Modbus and Bacnet

·        PLC’s, computers, ability to read electrical drawings

·        IS10101 / EN7671

·        Working safely on-site

Job Profile:

This is a unique role offering an engineer the opportunity to combine the highest level of project management as well as having a hands-on approach to the servicing of our equipment.

The successful candidate will deliver medical projects in a specific localised geographical area (Dublin and Eastern Counties) working with our end customers and electrical contractors. Moving the project from order to handover, the engineer will commission and then provide ongoing regular maintenance ensuring total ownership for the lifecycle of our highly regarded electrical safety equipment.

This is a dual role offering where the engineer will also provide regular PPM maintenance and repairs to our existing and future service customers. We anticipate that on completion of training that 30% of your time will be office-based managing projects and the remaining 70% of the time conducting PPM and remedial repairs.

Bender engineers represent the business on-site dealing with end-customers, contractors and hospital staff.  They are required to be flexible, self-motivated, have excellent time management skills and can work alone or as part of a team. They must be courteous, professional and customer facing.

Standard working hours are 8am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am - 2pm Friday, however this is dependent on each project, job location and client contracted work times. This role involves occasional out of hours works which will be planned in advance.

The candidate must meet most of the above criteria.  Experience of working in clinical or hospital environments would be a distinct advantage.

Full product training will be provided, and the successful engineer will be required to spend the first two weeks at our purpose-built headquarters at Low Mill Business Park, Ulverston. The role will involve regular travel throughout Ireland and occasional travel to the UK. 

A company vehicle, mobile phone, laptop and i-Pad will be provided to enable the successful candidate to do their job.

In addition to a competitive salary, overtime and call-out allowance Bender UK offers the following benefits:

·        Company Pension scheme after 6 month qualifying period

·        BUPA private medical insurance after 12 months

·        Annual bonus

·        Employee rewards scheme

·        Death-in-service benefit

·        Employee Assistance Scheme

·        25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays

This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the growing team at Bender Ireland, while working for a thriving, global, family-owned company which is an expert in electrical safety. It is a long-term permanent position with excellent career prospects, it would suit a qualified electrician who is looking to progress further, be prepared to travel and is located within a commutable distance from the Dublin Area.

Apply in writing with C.V.

Email applications to Chris Simmons, Country Manager Ireland,

Bender UK is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law

Bender UK is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. Our full privacy policy can be found on our company website

Strictly no agencies