Bender UK is part of the Bender Group, a global, family run company with over 1300 employees, whose purpose is to lead the way to design the future of energy.
Electricity is dangerous. So is the lack of it. We create intelligent solutions to make electricity safe. For Everyone. Everyday. Everywhere... Where there is electricity, there is Bender. We develop intelligent solutions that allow our customers to use electricity safely. Reducing the risks and predicting the unpredictable is our way of having a positive impact on the world.
It is in the DNA of Bender to be a pioneer and develop solutions. It is what drove our founders and will continue to drive us all in the future.
We are more than Electrical Safety – Our markets are changing at a rapid pace; electrical safety represents only a part of our portfolio.
Due to rapid growth over the past few years, we currently have an exciting vacancy to bolster our team of Applications and Sales Support Engineers (Electrical biased) for a newly created role as a Junior Applications Engineer.
About the Role
You will be working in a variety of sectors and applications to keep it exciting. You will be working in a technically rewarding environment and will have plenty of opportunities to engage with our customers. You can expect to have a detailed induction and training plan in place from the first day you join and opportunities for continuous development through our personal development program.
To become an expert in Bender technology and provide presales and post-sales technical support, system design and configurations to all industrial and healthcare sectors.
The technical team at Bender UK is at the forefront of providing technical support on existing solutions, developing new innovative solutions, delivering expert seminars and other wide-ranging tasks to help customers find solutions to their problems.
Some of the sectors we cover are:
- Data Centre
- Renewable energy
- Oil, Gas & Mining
Some of the key responsibilities for this hybrid remote role will be
- Support the Sales Team at Technical meetings as required by attending on behalf or alongside the Business Development Managers
- Keep up to date with all relevant electrical legislation
- Occasionally support with commissioning and servicing of projects across all sectors
- Support with the delivery of new and existing projects as required
- Regular communication with the sales team to ensure new business is won
- Support internal and external customers in choosing the correct products and developing the most appropriate technical solutions for a variety of sectors
- Proactively think about new sector/application development together with sales colleagues
- Complete all administrative tasks using the CRM system and ensure customer files are kept up to date
- Become Bender system and application experts through self-development.
- Provide internal and external customer technical support via all available communication channels
- Answer and respond to Inbound technical queries
- Work effectively with the technical and innovations colleagues to further own development
- Ad hoc tasks as and when requested
- To promote cross-functional working and demonstrate a one-team approach
There will be a fair amount of interaction with the customer over the phone/email and in person. Your normal place of work will be home. You will be required to travel to Bender offices at Ulverston for system configurations as and when required and to customer sites for meetings/technical support as needed. You will be required to support sales colleagues where requested.
We are looking for someone with Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics or similar qualifications gained through either an apprenticeship or degree programme. Equivalent work experience will also be considered. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience.
Prior understanding knowledge of Electrical power systems, it’s components and the ability to understand power distribution schematics is essential. Any knowledge of electrical switchgear, protection relays, circuit protection and earthing systems will be an advantage. In addition to familiarity with PLC/HMI/Automation systems and communication protocols like Modbus/DNP3, etc., knowledge will be an advantage.
You should be reliable and flexible – this role will be predominantly working from home with occasional travel to Ulverston on a need basis for system configuration. You will also need to travel to customer sites occasionally as and when needed. You should hold a full, clean driver’s licence, be a self-starter and be prepared to travel within the UK.
We are looking for someone who is competent, courteous, and professional. Someone who can demonstrate dedication to their stakeholders both internally and externally possesses excellent time management skills and has the drive and desire to succeed.
You will be computer literate and be able to use MS Word, Excel etc.
You will be a team player with excellent planning & prioritisation skills. You will be very good with attention to detail and possess analytical skills.
In addition to a competitive salary and commission scheme, Bender UK offers the following benefits:
- Company Pension scheme after 6-month qualifying period
- BUPA private medical insurance after 12 months
- Employee rewards scheme
- Death-in-service benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Various Salary Sacrifice schemes
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to undertake further formal professional development
- Company Events
You will, of course, be provided with a laptop, iPhone, and iPad to enable you to perform your role
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the growing team at Bender UK, while working for a thriving, global, family-owned company which is an expert in electrical safety. It is a long-term permanent position with excellent career prospects.
Interested in the role? Please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment@. The closing date for this role is Friday, 8th March 2024. bender-uk.com