- Residual current monitoring
LINETRAXX® MRCDB300 series
The AC/DC sensitive MRCDB300 device series is used as additional protection (protection against indirect contact) in earthed systems (TN and TT systems) in which AC or DC fault currents may occur.
Part of these systems are particularly loads containing six-pulse rectifiers or one-way rectifiers with smoothing, such as converters, battery chargers, construction site equipment with frequency-controlled drives. When the response value IΔn2 (alarm) is reached, the output relays K1 and K2 switch.
By using an MRCDB300 module and a switching element with isolating properties, the device combination fulfils the requirements of IEC 60947-2 Annex M for an MRCD protective device.
The application is specifically intended for protection goals such as protection of persons, fire protection and plant protection. The switching element must not exceed a switch-off time of 20 ms.
The residual current monitoring modules each consist of the MRCDB300 evaluation electronics and a CTBC20(P)…210(P) series measuring current transformer core. To assemble a complete module, both the electronics and a measuring current transformer core are required; if ordered separately, these two components must then be plugged together and calibrated during commissioning.
The CTBC20P…210P series measuring current transformers feature an integrated magnetic shield and are suitable for applications with high load currents or inrush currents.
- Ordering information
- Structure of a protective device in accordance with IEC 60947-2 Annex M in combination with a circuit breaker providing isolating properties
- Monitoring of the connected circuit breaker by means of contact feedback
- RS-485 interface with Modbus RTU (reading out measured values/setting parameters)
- Integrated switching outputs with two changeover contacts K1 and K2 (galvanically isolated)
- Fulfils the protection goals protection of persons, fire protection and plant protection (depending on the variant)
- Frequency range DC…100 kHz
- Combined test and reset button
- Multicolour LED indicating operation, exceeded response value, disturbances and status messages
- AC/DC sensitive type B measured value acquisition acc. to IEC 60755
- AC/DC sensitive type B+ measured value acquisition acc. to VDE 0664-400
- Exchangeable electronic enclosure without mechanical separation of the primary conductors
- Extension/retrofitting or modification of functionalities in case of changed monitoring requirements
- Insensitive to load currents due to full magnetic shield (CTBC20P…210P only)
- Connection monitoring of the measuring current transformer with cyclical test current
- Use of all MRCDB300 for all CTBC… measuring current transformer sizes
- Supply voltage DC 24 V
Optional accessories for LINETRAXX® MRCDB300 series
|Interface converter USB to RS-485||B95012045|
|Terminal block for MRCD module||B74043124|
|Typ||max. connected current transformers||Art. No.|
|STEP-PS/1 AC/24 DC/0.5||4||B94053110|
|STEP-PS/1 AC/24 DC/1.75||14||B94053111|
|STEP-PS/1 AC/24 DC/4.2||34||B94053112|
|Type designation||Art. No.|
|Snap-on mounting for CTBC20 and CTBC20P||B91080111|
|Snap-on mounting for CTBC35 and CTBC35P||B91080112|
Variants of LINETRAXX® MRCDB300 series
Electronic module + Measuring current transformers = MRCD modul
|Type||Supply voltage Us||Variant||Art. No.|
|MRCDB301||DC 24 V (19.2…28,8 V)||Protection of persons||B74043120|
|MRCDB302||DC 24 V (19.2…28,8 V)||Fire protection||B74043121|
|MRCDB303||DC 24 V (19.2…28,8 V)||Protection of persons, fire protection and plant protection (freely configurable)||B74043122|
Measuring current transformers
|Type||Internal diameter||Art. No.|
Downloads for LINETRAXX® MRCDB300 series